Meteora & Lake Plastira
An otherworldly stone state on the west side of the Thessalian land. Huge, grey-green monoliths, four hundred meters high, a place unique in the whole world. Here, the senses are ruled by feelings that are strong and undefined.
Southwest of Meteora stand the mountains of Koziakas, an extension of the Thessalian range of Agrafa. At an altitude of 900-1,700 meters there are large fir forests. The region of Aspropotamos-Koziakas is traversed by a large network of mountain streams that flow to Acheloos and Peinios rivers. On the banks of these streams we encounter forests with sycamores, willows, maples and other hydrophilic plants. The ecological value of these forests is huge, because they are shelter for many animals and birds.
Close to them, lies Lake Plastira, the artificial lake that exceeds, though in beauty many natural lakes. Because of its high altitude, the surrounding landscape, full with fir, chestnuts, plane trees, is quite unique and the whole area sustaining a rich fauna as well,has been designated as part of the Natura 2000 network.
Description: Meteora and Lake Plastira
Category: Theme Routes
Type: Tour in the nature
Area: Meteora, Lake Plastira-Thessaly
Duration: 7 days / 6 overnights
Accommodation: In 4 & 3 star hotels
Board: Halfboard (dinner)
Traveler Type: Sightseer
The services included in the program:
- Transfer by bus/mini bus from airport of Thessaloniki or Volos airport or another upon request to the hotel and return (days 1 and 7).
- Transfer by bus/mini bus from hotel to Meteora and return (day 2).
- Transfer by bus/mini bus from hotel to Meteora, koziakas, Lake Plastira and arrival to hotel (days 3, 4 & 5).
- Transfer by bus/mini bus from hotel to the archaeological sites of Larisa and return (day 6)
- Six (6) nights in double standard room.
- Six (6) breakfasts.
- Two (2) lunches.
- Six (6) dinners.
- Disposal of a hotel meeting room for the group’s briefing (days 1, 2 & 3).
- Disposal of a hotel meeting room and audiovisual material for presentation (days 2 & 3).
- Escort (days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- Guide tour in Meteora (days 2 & 3).
- Guide tour in Ancient theatre and museum of Larisa (day 6).
- Guide for the presentation of the region, the myths, the legends, the flora and fauna (day 2).
- Outdoor activities in lake Plastira (days 4 & 5)/ OPTIONAL-UPON REQUEST
“Nice Trip & Nice Place”
Highly recommended!! Nice place, nice weather, nice people, and of course we had a wonderful and exciting experience during the one day tour in Meteora. The scenery is astonishing!! The guide is not only very interesting and humorous, but also knowledge-equipped. And I have to say that everything was so p-e-r-f-e-c-t!! My friend and I really enjoyed this trip, we had unforgettable memories in Greece.
If time and money available, I will definitely go there again………….. 🙂
Thanks a lot!!
Highly recommended. Beautiful scenery, nature, animals, trees, mountains, fresh air, things to do, hiking, horseback riding, photo shooting, running. Perfect for relaxation.
This artificial lake is truly magical all seasons of the year. The landscapes are amazing with mountains all around and a visit at the dam is a must too. Around the lake there are plenty of small villages and a lot of activities, like mountainbiking, riding horses,hiking in the mountain paths ,4×4 etc. When we visit we always stay at Neochori village-the view…
Fossegin Noord-Scharwoude, The Netherlands
4 & 5 Day
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies