On the summit where Greek Gods reside: Nature and Tradition.
There is a variety of active travel range that can satisfy every demand with the appropriate holiday type. The region of Thessaly with the mountain of the gods, Olympus, the phenomenon of the stone forest of Meteora and finally the mountain -half island, Pelion, home of the Centaurs and the Argonauts, guarantee memorable experiences during the program.
Hikers and their friends are able to find relaxed tours and a combination of mountain and sea for lovers of the Aegean Sea, climbers or even marathon runners!
Description: On the summit where Greek Gods reside: Nature and Tradition
Category: Theme Routes
Type: Tour in the nature, walking holidays
Area: Olympus, Meteora, Pelion-Thessaly
Duration: 8 days / 7 overnights
Accommodation: In 4 & 3 star hotels
Board: Halfboard (dinner)
Traveler Type: Sightseer, walker
The services included in the program:
1. Transfer by bus/mini bus from airport of Thessaloniki or Volos airport or another upon request to the hotel and return (days 1 and 8).
2. Transfer by bus/mini bus from hotel to Olympus and Meteora and return (day 2).
- Transfer by bus/mini bus from hotel to Meteora and Pelion (day 3).
- Transfers by bus/mini bus form hotel to Pelion and return as indicated in the program (days 4, 6, 7).
- Seven (7) nights in double standard room.
6. Seven (7) breakfasts.
- Two (2) lunches (one light snack).
7. Seven (7) dinners.
- Disposal of a hotel meeting room for the group’s briefing (days 1 & 3).
9. Disposal of a hotel meeting room and audiovisual material for presentation (day 2).
- Escort (days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8).
- Mountain escort (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- Guide tour in Meteora (day 3).
- Taxi boat (day 5).
“The Blessed Mountain of the Centaurs”
Apart from its unique natural beauty, Mount Pelion is filled with echoes of Greek mythology. Legend has it, that Zeus took pity on Ixion, who had murderd his fiancée’s father, and offered him hospitality on Mount Olympus.
The ungrateful Ixion got drunk on nectar and flirted Hera – Zeus’ wife. Punishing him for his ingratitude, Zeus allowed him to sleep with Nefeli – a cloud in the form of Hera – and a monstrous being was born – Centaurus. Half of his body was human and the other half was that of a horse.
If you are a nature lover, Pelion will seduce you. It is filled with breathless views of unspeakable natural beauties. I recommend exploring the quaint and picturesque villages of Portaria, Makrinitsa, Chania, Kissos and you must visit Tsagarada! Portaria and Makrinitsa although they are quite touristy, yet the views to the Pagasetic Gulf and the city of Volos are splendid!
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies